Friday, September 10, 2010

Decision Time

 

So…I have been thinking.

I know.

That could be dangerous.

But I have been.

Sometimes it has been while waiting in the carpool lane.

(The carpool lanes I should say. At three different schools. But that is another post. For another time. Be jealous.)

Other times I have awakened in the middle of the night.

Thinking.

And in the midst of all this cerebral activity I have come up with a solution to one of my many problems.

No… not split ends.

Or teeth whitening.

You see, I suffer from indecisiveness.

Simply put: I can’t make a decision.

Without worrying.

And fretting.

And chewing the inside of my cheek.

So in all my thinking…

I have come to the conclusion….

that what I really need is to hire a decision maker.

I am not looking for someone to decide the big stuff.

I can do that.

Want more babies?

No.

Want to make more money?

Yes.

I am looking for someone to make small daily decisions on my behalf.

Like what should I eat for breakfast?

Or should I eat at all?

What should I wear?

Should I work today or try to catch up on my homework?

What color should I paint the bathroom?

Should I cook or call for take-out?

Pepsi or Coke?

Paper or Plastic?

You see where I am going with this.

So, send me your resumes.

Only serious decision makers need apply.

No flip floppers wanted.

That is all.

10 comments:

duchess said...

I've decided you need to post more often! We miss you.
Any further decisions I make will have to be based on more information.
Hope y'all are doing well - enjoy your weekend.

Katie said...

I am NOT your girl. I am also the queen of indecisiveness. I have missed your blogs, my friend!

Unknown said...

I tend to be a waffler myself.

But if this helps my chances....

neither Pepsi OR Coke.

(you know me...) ;P

P.S. HOW THE HECK ARE YA???

Grammy Staffy said...

I am applying for the job. My family says that I am always in teacher mode telling everyone what to do....so see I am a natural telling other people what to do. The only one I have trouble telling what to do is me.
Oh well, you can't be perfect!
Welcome back. I have missed you...a lot!!!
Drop by my blog when you can. I started to say when you get your homework done but that would be too long for me to wait. I have great news to share with you.
Let me know if I get your job. Hugs, Lura

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Making decisions are totally overrated.

Laural Out Loud said...

I have found that my six year old daughter is quite adept at keeping me in line, if I let her, lol. Perhaps one of your bossier kids could take on the job?

izzy said...

Haha we are still waiting for your post about the carpool lanes! =D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

blog said...

In more venues and many more appliances and relish the recognizable Place of work buyer. Office 2010 Office 2010 permits you to simply finish their job in spots plus more ! appliances.Cellphone and / or whatever home pc by having an Web connection, Microsoft Office 2010 you will be able to whenever, anyplace to your job.Most of us can't help but recommend that you analyze your personal machine prior to deciding to add Microsoft Office 2010 Key this year's Ms office structure solutions. Office 2010 Key