Thursday, August 21, 2008

FAVORITE THINGS SWAP!!!




When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad.

Oh, um... excuse me.

Singing to myself again.

I know you have waited with bated breath for the BIG announcement.

Here it is.

My first ever...

Favorite Things Swap
!


I am so excited about this.

I recently did a

Favorite Things Swap

over at According to Kelly.

It was an amazing experience.

I hope that this one will be just as fun for you.

Here is how it works:

1. Let me know you want to participate.

I will need an RSVP by August 30, 2008.


2. If you choose to participate, you will simply pick three (or more) of your favorite things to share with your partner.
I am sure no one would complain if you wanted to send more.
I think I sent seven things...but I got a little carried away.
This does not have to be expensive.
It could be your favorite book, a new mascara, or a book of your favorite recipes.
It might even be some personalized note cards, or a box of your favorite chocolates.
Items can be new, bought, or even homemade.
Just remember to send a package that you would be excited to receive.
Be creative!

3. Email me at becausewendisaidso@gmail.com with the following information.
  • Your name
  • Your mailing address
  • Your email address
  • Your website/ blog /or flickr address.

(you must have one of these)

  • A little something about yourself.
  • Please let me know if you would be willing to ship internationally.


    4.I will email you the information about your swap partner shortly after the sign up deadline.

The delivery deadline is September 22, 2008.

Be sure to have your packages ready and postmarked by then.

So...are you ready to join in the fun?

Share this with your friends!

Tell your neighbors!

Email your associates!

Grab my Favorite Things button and post it on your blog!

Oh, speaking of my button.

Isn't it the cutest?

Alex, over at The Roaming Southerner whipped that up for me.

She is amazing.

A "genius photoshopper" I like to call her.

My own personal GPS!

Thanks Alex!

Okay.....are you ready to swap?

Me too!

I can't wait to hear from all of you.

*Feel free to contact me at becausewendisaidso@gmail.com with any questions.

35 comments:

Unknown said...

you are doing a swap! you are perfect for the job! and i am proof that they definitely do not mind when you send more then 3 ;) oh i want to do it! but should i is the ?..... do i have time..... oh i am terrible at making decisions! but yay your own swap!

Patrice said...

Looks like fun! I would love to play... I'll e-mail you now! And wow.. that button really is amazing! Photoshop Genius for sure!

Stephanie said...

Such fun! I will be sending you an email for sure!

Carol said...

Wendi I am so excited you are doing this. I had been thinking you should ever since you blogged about it.

I shall abstain because really who wants to pay for the privelige of posting their favourite things all the way to England?

amanda said...

yippeee - count me in!!

and tell carol she is silly, any one of us would be honored to send her something in england!!

sooo excited friend :)

Marla said...

exciting stuff you've got going on here... i've posted a link to drive my 5 readers over :)

Wendi said...

You are darling--I think that seems like a lot of work to host a swap like that.

I'm going to have to pass this time because going to the post office about kills me. I just can't do it--my kids are terrors. So I avoid it all costs.

One of these days I'll be ready to hop back into the swapping world.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I will be sending you my RSVP. This sounds like fun! It won't be so fun taking my kids to the post office (haha!), but for this "Favorite Things" swap, I will endure it...or maybe I'll have my husband send it for me. :)

I will spread the word!

Laural Out Loud said...

I'm in! And Alex did an awesome job on your banner!

duchess said...

I wanna play. I'll e-mail you when I get back from football practice.

Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess.

Unknown said...

I just emailed you!

I am so excited!

And the button? Love it!

McMommy said...

I.AM.IN!!!!!!

I'll email ya!

Amy said...

Count me in. Sounds like fun...

Unknown said...

I am SO in! I love this kind of thing. Sending my email now... : ) FUN!!

C and C Mommy said...

I already emailed you and posted a link on my blog....I am excited!!!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

This sounds like so much fun! I will go get my email ready right now!

Mom said...

I dig favorite things count me in !!!!

Anti-Supermom said...

I missed the swap last time, I'm hoping to this time around. I'll email you. Question: do you have a specific money amount? Not to exceed? Just curious.

Susan said...

When you did your post about the swap you were in, I thought, what a fun idea. I would love to do it. The email will be on its way soon.
The button is really cute and I will post it for my readers as well.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hi! I just emailed you! So excited! This will be my first swap! I'm going to get the button now!!

Jessica said...

Oooh...this sounds way to fun to pass up. I found this on TRS website and I thought "why not!...Sounds like a blast!"

nicole said...

I definitely want to play. I'll post about it on my blog too.

just jamie said...

What a fun idea. I don;t think I have enough brain power to do much more than breathe these days ... next time?

BookMamma said...

Fantastic idea!!!

I would love to play - I always like sending and receiving things via post. (Receiving especially when it's not a bill!)

Emailing you know.

Happy POW!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

OK Wendi, I will give the swap thing another try. I did the last swap that you did at Kelly's but my swap partner blew me off! I know, the nerve. Anyway, I feel you will match me up with a winner, so I am game!:)

3boys247 said...

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

Tiffany said...

Do you have the HTML code for the button so that I can post it on my blog? What a fun idea!

Tam said...

OOO this sounds like it will be fun! count me in please

Cecily R said...

ME ME ME!!

I'm in an extreme unorganized state right now though, so you may have to send me a gentle (read: hard) reminder...

But what a fun idea!

Unknown said...

I want to join in I have never done a swap but I am excited I am going to email you right now. I saw this on Tam's blog. I will be back to visit.

Briya said...

Ooh, Ooh...Me! I want to try it. I've never done it before, but I'm certainly willing to share my favorite things. :)

Tsosie and Peterson Bunch said...

I'm trying to put your adorable button on my blog - but I think it need the HTML code as I am not savy enough to do it without. I sent you an e-mail and am WAY excited to participate.

Unknown said...

Ooh...sounds like fun! Count me in! I will email you now.
Tammy

Tulsi said...

Such a fun and unselfish idea!!

Mamarazzi said...

i just read about this over on Forgetfulone's blog. i TOTALLY want to do this with my readers! how was the experience of organizing it all? did you find that everyone got their swaps? do you know of anyone who was left out? so much fun!!

i love a good idea. i see you "borrowed" it from someone else...so if i give credit where credit is due can i use your cute little button and do it on my blog too?!

so fun!