Friday, February 13, 2009

Because My Love For You Knows No Bounds...



Today I thought I would deviate from the non-sense that usually goes on here and do some sharing.


I am going to share with you one of my favorite holiday recipes.

Valentine Pretzels.


Or St. Patrick's Day Pretzels.

Or Cousin Vinny got a new tattoo pretzels.

Whatever your celebratory event is...take along a few of these.

It is sure to please.

It is the perfect marriage of sweet and salty.

Here is what you will need:

Waffle Pretzels



White Almond Bark


MnM's (I used the Cupid mix for Valentine's Day)

First begin melting the almond bark.


Melt it slowly over low heat.

Which also means: DO. NOT. OVERCOOK.

While your chocolate is melting, begin assembling your pretzels on a baking sheet.



Be sure they are in nice straight rows and evenly spaced.

Okay... that is only if you are me.


Moving right along.

Next, you are going to drop a little chocolate on each pretzel.

Like this.

Well, maybe not like the one in the top left corner.

Some one got just a little carried away with the chocolate dropping.

Finally grab your bowl ala MnM's and gingerly place one on each chocolate topped pretzel.

Like this.


It is best to work with about ten at the time so the chocolate doesn't harden before you have time to get the MnM on it.

Go find something to do for about 10 minutes and when you return...

Deliciousness.

I dare you to stop at one.

Go on.

Try it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

16 comments:

Hailey said...

yum-o!

at christmas i make turtles that are similar.
make your rows of pretzels on a cookie sheet. unwrap rolo candis. place one on each pretzel. bake until rolo is melted (about 3-4 minutes. the rolo will still keep its shape. you just want to melt it a bit.) take pretzels out of oven. push pecan down into melted rolo. let cool.

de-freaking-licious

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I've had those that way, and with the rolo and pecan! Both a delish!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh my! Thanks A LOT! I am now going to make those...and probably eat them all!! hehe!

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

duchess said...

Yum. I do it with Rolo's too. They're all delish.
Enjoy your V-day.

Susan said...

Mmmm...they look delicious. I have never had them with almond bark, only dark chocolate.

4funboys said...

yummy! thanks... I'll make these for the boys for sure.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day! ♥ Hugs :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

Yum! I'm going to try these soon.

Unknown said...

Easy AND Yummy, two of my very favorite things!!! I need to file this one away for whatever the next holiday/celebration is!!

Laural Out Loud said...

Those look delicious! I love salty and sweet together, and pretzels with white chocolate are my favorite! I'm definitely going to give these a try. And I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for St. Patrick's day, lol.

Sue Wilkey said...

See? This is my kind of baking. Space/dollop/smoosh. I can SO do that.

Yay, me: I'll be able to RSVP "yes" to the cookie swaps this Christmas.

RuensOnTheRun said...

I haven't ever done this one, but it does sound yummy. I do the pretzel, heated rolo, press pecan. Yummy too and the 8 yo can make them!
It's the sweet and salty thing!!

Stephanie said...

Okay, I saved this recipe and have it filed away. I'm too much on the candy right now so I'll save it for another day. It looks delish!

Jennifer Carden said...

Cute idea!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Mmmm! So pretty! And easy! I've done something like this with Rolo candies and pecans. Delish!

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to read the whole story.