Friday, May 1, 2009

Say No To Crack




Chase took a nasty fall on a basketball court last Friday.



It looked as if it was mostly external.



Scrapes and bruises.



Nothing a little Tylenol wouldn't fix.



Fast forward five days.



He still couldn't throw a baseball or do a push up.



The chiropractor said something about it feeling "spongey".



I don't like that word.



Especially when discussing my sons elbow.



We were worked into the Bone and Joint Office.



Which meant 3.5 hours of waiting.



And worrying.



And starving.



And whining.



But enough about me...Chase was fine.



When the doctor finally surfaced, he said Chase had a cracked elbow.



Or was it a fragmented elbow?



Anyhoo...He was fitted for a soft sling.



And then he said the toughest five words ever.



"No. sports. for. 3. weeks."



Chase almost fell off the table.



I told him it could be worse.



He could be in a hard cast for 8 weeks.



He understood.



Or so I thought.



We came home and I heard the familiar sound of a ball bouncing on the concrete.



I opened the door.



There stood Chase dribbling the ball with his left hand while his right was tied up in a sling.



He didn't think that counted as No. Sports.



I am no psychic, but I am guessing these next three weeks are going to be fun!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


13 comments:

duchess said...

Glad your guy is ok & no surgery or hard casts are involved...yet.
Put that ball down & back away slowly.
Enjoy your sports free weekend.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad it's only 3 weeks. And, the way I see it, he's being resourceful!

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

wow-that sounds just like my boy!!
good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh no! Poor guy! I hope it heals soon and well.

I know I don't see pics of your kids a lot but he looks like quite the young man already! : )

kayerj said...

oh too bad, hope he'll "survive"

Here’s my photo story happy Friday!

Cecily R said...

Spongey...that is an oogy word when it comes to elbows. I suspect that having a teenage boy with a broken or fragmented or spongey elbow is very similar to having a toddler with the same ailment. You have fun with that. :)

Glad to see you Wendi!

just jamie said...

Yikes. Heal up Chase.

C and C Mommy said...

I feel for you.....telling my son that would be hard. He doesn't look too happy!!

McMommy said...

If someone told me, "No sports for a week"...I'd be in heaven. :)

Heal up quick, Chase!!

amanda said...

oh wow. poor him. and poor you!!

hoping the three weeks fly by :)

4funboys said...

poor guy!!

If he's still dribbling with the left... that's GOOD! great practice .

well... that's what the dads are thinking anyway.

Ryanne said...

Boys, what can ya do with them! At least it isn't in a horrible huge cast for ever and a day...hang in there and you will make it!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

It is hard to keep a good man down.;)