Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleepless in NC

Dear Sleep,

Oh how I have missed you. I think of you every second of every day often. I long for our time together. Yet, when it comes it is far too short. Four to five hours a night just isn't working for me. I want more of you. I need more of you. Is 12 10 8 hours a night really too much to ask? I think not. Could we get together for a passionate evening of snoring and REM? Say... tonight at 7:30?

Love,
Me

* I will bring some Tylenol PM to get me in the mood.

**Apparently some of you think I am having trouble sleeping. Let me assure you I have no problem in that department. It is the getting to bed at a not-so-decent hour every night that is the problem. It is quite possibly the reason for the dark, puffy circles that now live under my eyes too.

8 comments:

duchess said...

Sorry you're having a hard time gettin' some zzzz's. I've recently added a box fan in our bedroom (doesn't match the decor) but some things are worth it. I just love the sound and I haven't slept this good in a long time.
Enjoy your Thursday.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm the same boat...maybe a healthy dose of tylenol pm is just what I need.

Susan said...

I agree with Duchess, some white noise really helps to lengthen sleep, but I suspect your lack of sleep has more to do with your busy schedule that with the inability to actually sleep.
Hope Sleep romances you well tonight...haha!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

haha...I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight too (emphasis on TRY).

amanda said...

in college i lived on tylenol pm - maybe i should introduce you :)

wishing you a long peaceful night!

lov said...

oh i'm right there with you!
i keep waking up at around 2....
that is not ok
i just want to sleep through the night:/
hope sleep gets better for you!

Unknown said...

This is so romantic. ; )

Hope you got some good rest friend...

Ashley said...

Seriously, I should copy and paste this and post it on my blog because that is my life lately too! 4-5 hours of sleep per night just isn't satisfying enough, you're SO right.