Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Gym

Dear Gym,

It wasn't you. It was me. I just couldn't bring myself to be with you every. single. day. It was too much. I needed to take a little break in our relationship. I needed more time to sleep eat double stuffed oreo's spend with my family.

I know that it has been over a year since we last got together, but I've had lots of time to eat, I mean think. After much soul searching I have decided we should get back together. I promise it has absolutely nothing to do with this embarrassing moment. Or the fact that my pants wouldn't button this morning. It has more to do with the fact that I really need you. Oh how I need you.

I promise to give it a go. I give you my word that I will show up and not wish I was in bed somewhere else. I hope you will open your heart doors and let me back in. I need your weapons of fat destruction to whip me in shape. And if possible, could you do it by Christmas?

Your fluffy girl,
Me

7 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Sounds like you are committed to the relationship! Uh, sorta... ; )

duchess said...

Look at you busting out two posts in two days.....um,(no pun intended).
I have the same relationship with my treadmill that's upstairs mocking me as I type.

Katie said...

What gym will you be going to? Perhaps we can be occasional workout buddies?

Pearls To Hide My Neck said...

This sounds sooo familiar. The difference with me is it's been almost 2 years and as much as I SHOULD go back I absolutely don't want to.

Krystyn said...

I hope you are able to stay committed..my elliptical sits in the back room wanting to be used...

Jen said...

I need to write one of these letters to my running shoes. We seem to have drifted apart in the last couple of months and I think it is time that we reconnect.

Grammy Staffy said...

Could I copy this letter and send it to my gym?