I am 38 years old.
There I said it.
I am edging ever so closely to 40.
I am aware of that fact.
Instead of wallowing in self-pity, I thought I would write.
So here is my birthday post.
38 Random facts about me.
Yes, today is ALL about me.
1. I am short. ( 5'2" to be exact.)
2. I was the tallest girl in my fifth grade class.
3. I just never grew after that.
4. I weighed 103 pounds when I got married.( I thought I was HUGE!)
5. I do not weigh 103 today...thanks for asking!
6. I could stand to lose a few pounds, or 30.
7. I am considering Diet and Exercise.
8. I hate saying those two words together. Say it: Diet and Exercise. It makes my mouth feel dirty. Yours?
9. I feel a sudden need for Scope.
10. I have also considered having my mouth wired shut.
11. Only allowing myself "sips" of protein shakes throughout the day.
12. I would probably need to throw up.
13. That could really go wrong.
14. I love to cook.
15. And bake.
16. And eat. (which is why I have # 6 on the list)
17. I love to clean.
18. Let me rephrase. I love things to be clean. And orderly.
19. No matter how much I clean and organize- it never seems to stay that way.
20. Which frustrates the heck out of me!
21. I can NOT clean just the surfaces in a room without cleaning the "insides" too.
22. Meaning, if I clean the kitchen, I can't stop once the dishes are washed, the counters are wiped and the floor is mopped.
23. I MUST clean and straighten every drawer and cabinet, the pantry and the refrigerator.
24. I learned how to put words in alphabetical order in the 1st grade.
25. It is one of the most useful things I learned in school. I use it daily.
26. I love to alphabetize my spices, Cd's , DVDs, books, and children. (really just about anything.)
27. It drives my husband crazy!
28. I love my husband. He is a good man.
30. I am not a fan of dead animals used as wall art.
31. I love it when my husband cooks or grills. (He could seriously win a "Grilling Contest"-hands down.)
32. I love to scrapbook.
33. It is therapy for me.
34. So is this blog. I love it!
35. I think
36. I love my family. (both immediate and extended)
37. They are my world.
38. I am a lucky girl!!!
Let the gift-giving commence!!!